Saturday, May 14, 2011

Make your polish live longer!

Sadly for us polish addicts, polish goes bad with time. However, there are a few things you can do to help it live longer. Some keep it in the fridge... I personally have too big a stash for that, if I were to fit all my nail polish into my fridge, I'd have to give up eating food and start eating chilled nail polish!

What I do instead, is that every now and then, I clean the edges of my polish jars. This is a bit time consuming so I only do it every two or three months or so, but it really does help. Why? You know when you paint your nails, how a bit of nail polish always goes on those edges of the jars? Well, that dries and then it adds up really fast when you do your nails again. And over time, this allows air into the jar of nail polish, which makes it dry and go bad faster. Cleaning up the edges of the jar stops this process.

On the picture above is all you need:

Open the jar of polish and put the brush aside for a second.


Now dip the cotton swab into the polish remover and remove the polish from the edges as shown above. You're done, easy peasy! Don't forget to close the jar though, haha!

Love
Miss Diorista

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I didn't know that the polish on the edges was that bad--- will definitely do this on my bottles now. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...