Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sigma - Sigmax Synthetic Face Kit

My new love! This kit from Sigma includes the following three brushes:
  • F80 - Flat Top Kabuki
  • F82 - Round Top Kabuki
  • F84 - Angled Top Kabuki

All of these brushes are made from the synthetic Sigmax HD filament, which is specially made to produce a flawless finish, using liquid, cream and/or powder products.

The brushes are very easy to use and wash, although they do take quite some time to dry after wash. Make sure that you don't have to use it the next 12 hours or so before you wash it. I have not noticed any staining, but you have to take care when you wash them, to reach the hairs in the middle, which can be tricky because of the density.

F80 - Flat Top Kabuki
This brush has to be my favourite from the three, and it is the best foundation brush I've found so far. It is also very versatile; the flat surface is perfect for buffing in foundation, as well as blending out blush or bronzer.

F82 - Round Top Kabuki
This brush is great for achieving perfect blending under your eyes. After I've applied my concealer and set it with powder, I run this brush once or twice below each eye, and my concealer doesn't crease the whole day! This is also good for blending around your nose, because of the round edges.

F84 - Angled Top Kabuki
This brush blends together products on your cheeks very well, because of its shape. This is also very useful if you wear both blush and bronzer, but don't want to see where the blush ends and the bronzer begins. I usually only blend with this brush, I don't dip it into the actual product (the same goes for the other two brushes).

Top to bottom: Flat, Round, Angled Top Kabukis.

I do love all three brushes and use them very much, but the one I use the most is the F80 Flat Top Kabuki. I honestly think that if you want to (or if you're on a budget), then you can purchase only this one and skip the other two, since it can actually do everything the other two can do. That being said, if you are very serious about your makeup, you might find the other two very useful. I know I certainly do.


L-R: Flat, Round, Angled Top Kabukis. I love how dense these are!


Product (65%) - 9.5/10
Value (10%) - 9/10
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 10/10
Packaging (10%) - 9.5/10 (They came very safely packaged and in a blue pouch)

Overall - 9.5/10

xox,
Miss Diorista

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I've been cautiously interested in these for awhile as I want a synthetic kabuki and this looks like a good one! How much were the three? Was shipping expensive? (If you don't mind me asking?) Love, Krista (aka Hebridean Sprite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Krista - So glad you like it :) I really can recommend those, they are great. The set of three were $42, but you can also get them individually for $16 per brush. Sigma has two shipping options, I chose the faster and they say, safer one (which is of course more expensive than the other one). The shipping was $44.25, but I also bought a 12 brush kit (will be reviewed soon!) so I rather wanted the safer shipping. Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...