Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review - L'Oréal Glam Shine Cream in Hot Lilac

Before I begin, please note that I am not sure that this lipstick is still on the market. I bought it a few years ago, totally forgot about and then recently re-discovered it in my collection. So if this is discontinued (which would be sad!), then know that I had no knowledge of that.
This is... maybe one of the prettiest lipsticks I have. And I am a lipstick person, let me tell you! First of all, the texture and consistency of it is very nice. It is creamy, but not overly so, and does not get on my teeth. It is easy to apply (you don't have to work hard to get it on). The smell might be a con for some people, it is kind of a perfumy fruit scent. I am not too keen on it, but it is not too strong and it doesn't annoy me at all.
'
'
Second, the colour is just simply to die for. So beautiful. As I told you in my Dior post a few days ago, I have been really into lilacs lately. However, a pure lilac colour is too much for me, at least too much for a rather casual day at work. So this colour is the perfect in-between. It is very bright, but still very wearable. Stands out from the crowd, but still totally in my comfort-zone. Kind of a cross between lilac, fuschia and pink with a hint of purple to it. It also has lots of shine, so you get the coverage and colour of a lipstick, but the shine and feel of lipgloss. Some people might not like the fact there is quite a bit of sparkles in there, but personally, I find it pretty.
On the swatch picture below, the bottom one is about three coats of the lipstick (full coverage, so to speak), the middle one is about one to one and a half coat, and the top one is simply "dabbed" on, kind of like you're stippling the colour on. This technique gives really sheer coverage, just a hint of colour.
'
'
Overall, I am in love with this lipstick and wholeheartedly recommend it. There is nothing about it I dislike. This will be a staple summer colour, my version of "bright for summer"!
'
Yours,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...