Monday, July 5, 2010

White Chip Chocolate Cookies


These are completely dangerous... those still working on the art of self-control are advised to stay far, far away. You have been warned.
I love shopping, but I have to admit that some things are more fun to buy than others. Obviously, makeup is always fun. Clothes and shoes, too. All kinds of dishes, cups and kitchen tools are another addiction of mine, along with books on recipes, especially for baked goods. One would think that nothing special would tempt me in the supermarket... but one would be wrong! Whenever I see something that I think would be fun to bake with - be it a new brand of chocolate, some kind of candy, or simply anything that catches my baking-eye, I have to get it!
So the other day, I bought a bag of white chocolate morsels by Nestlé. They were quite tasty and my cookies turned out great. I was about to throw the empty bag away when I noticed two recipes on the back of it... Of course, the oven was quickly turned on again!
I made some slight changes to the recipe, but oh my! This is heaven, I tell you!
So here we go...
'
'
White Chip Chocolate Cookies
(Adapted from Nestlé's recipe)
'
1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 package pudding mix (I used one with chocolate flavour)
1/3 unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped chocolate (around 50-60% cocoa is fine)
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
1/2 cup mint filled chocolate
'
Preheat oven to 350°F (or 180°C).
Combine flour, oats, pudding mix, cocoa, soda and salt in a bowl.
In another bowl, beat together butter and both sugars until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well in between. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir all the chocolate in.
Roll into balls (I use really heaped teaspoons - these grow big in the oven!), place on baking paper and press them down a little with wet fingers or the back of a spoon.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, cool and enjoy!
'
Cheers,
Miss Diorista
'
P.S. Sorry about the little commas in thist post! The spaces were teasing me!

2 comments:

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...