Saturday, July 10, 2010

Current Skincare Routine

So sorry for long time no posting! Well, two days... but still, long time!
So today I have my current skincare routine for you. The pics are a little to the side, I know :) I say 'current', because I have the feeling that I might change it up a bit soon... we will see.
For reference, my skin is fair, and rather normal. I do have drier/oilier spots, particularly around and on my nose, chin and forehead. But my skin is rather normal overall.

So first, we have products for cleansing. We will start from the left and then work our way through the picture.

1) The first product is my current make-up remover wipes. They are by Preven's Paris, and I really like them (I also use them for cleansing my makeup brushes, sometimes). They smell kind of nice... not really nice but pretty good. They cleanse really well, too (I don't use them on my eyes, though). They are made of 100% biodegradable tissue, which is super duper of course, and they contain vitamin C, which as most of you probably know, is a powerful antioxidant. They also moisturize the top layer of the skin, and have a smoothing formula. All good here ;) Dermatologically and ophtalmologically tested.

2) Next is my daily cleanser. I actually just cleanse in the evening, irrelevant maybe... The product is Clean and Clear's Exfoliating Daily Wash. I just bought this, about three weeks ago. I had been using a cleanser by Nivea which I really didn't like, so I decided to give this a try, and I quite like it. Took me a few days to get used to the scent, though, which I find rather masculine... This has teeny tiny micro-beads, which work very gently towards smoothing and softening skin. I like the fact that I can exfoliate a bit every day. They promise softer skin from day one, which is true. My skin is definitely softer after I started using this. Also cleans my skin really well, and is oil-free.

3) Now on to my eye-makup remover, which is The Body Shop's Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover. This is both for lashes and lids, and is supposed to cleanse, condition and soften. For the cleansing part, this works very well. Removes all my mascara and eye-shadow, if I have any on. (Lol, it obviously does not remove what I don't have on!) And for the conditioning part, I think my lower lashes have grown a bit... strange, I know! But I think so... and they upper ones look a bit fuller... Don't take my word for this, though, since I´m really not sure about it!

4) Last product on this pic is really not a cleansing item, but I use it every night. It is Nivea's Bye-bye Spot! SOS Stick. This is good for any small break-out you might get... I actually don't get break-outs really often anymore, but I still use this every night around my nouse, a bit on the top of my forehead and my chin, to prevent any break-outs from jumping out on me! Also, when I see that an evil break-out is preparing to attack, I immedietely fetch this stick. It is not a miracle product, but still works nicely. Don't expect miracles, though! On to the second picture, which is all about everyting else than cleansing :) Again, we will start from the left.

1) The first product is one I bought about two weeks ago, and still haven't had the time to use it... But I felt like including it in this post since I plan on testing it out tonight. It is Nivea's Refreshing Moisture Mask. The packaging on the picture is actually two portions. This mask has sea extracts and vitamin E, so I really look forward to trying it.

2) Then you see my current face scrub, which is Nivea's (Young) Scrub Away! Peeling Cream. This has pure ocean-minerals and is oil-free... and I'm not sure what I think about it... I don't like the smell, it is a bit too strong and artificial for me. Also, I find it a bit harsh. The beads are not gentle, and this scrub kind of stings... But still, I have been using this about twice a week for about six months, so I must like this... I would not re-purchase, though. For the scrubbing, yes, it works, but not dramatically.

3) My daily moisturizer (I only moisturize in the evening) is Dior's HydrAction Visible Defense Hydra Protective Light Creme SPF 20. Long name! Obviously, since it has SPF, it is meant to be used for day... but still, it doesn't say: Not for evenings! So I use it before I go to bed, but sometimes in the morning too, if I feel like my skin is extremely dry. This is actually a bit too heavy for summer, I feel, so these days, I only apply it on dry spots, or where I feel like I need it, but not all over my skin. Really like this creme, it moisturizes so well. A bit hefty pricetag, though...

4) The last product is The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Boost. This is in gel form (clear gel) and smells really nice and fruity. I use it in the morning (when I remember it, lol!) and this really smoothes out my skin, makes it soft and yes, maybe a bit more radiant with continued use. Nice for summer.

So this is all. As I said, I think my routine will change soon and then I will let you know!

Yours,

MissDiorista.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...