Saturday, February 26, 2011

Are you scared of your eyelash curler?

I'm that girl who started curling her eyelashes years after everyone else... and then after some time, something happened (I should add that about five beloved eyelashes ended their too-short-lives when that "something" happened ;), I got scared and stopped curling my lashes. I tried a few "curling" mascaras as an alternative, but the results were just not good enough. So I decided to be brave, and now I'm back to my eyelash curler, which has never felt so loved!

I know for a fact that I'm not the only girl who has said no to beautifully curled lashes because of her "fear". So since I got over things and am right now blinking my eyes to show off my lush-lashy lashes (yes, I absolutely had to write that, hah!), I thought I'd share the few tips which helped me when I was healing from the "eyelash curler trauma"! Enjoy!

  • Eyelash curlers simply look scary. That's a fact, we all know it, so get over it and don't let it scare you away. Maybe you could look for a pink one? :)
  • Find the eyelash curler which suits your eye shape. Not all curlers are the same, your friend's favourite might be your worst bet, so ask around (you can usually get help at stores) and find your perfect match. And remember that the most expensive ones don't necessarily have to be the best!
  • Never curl your lashes when you're in a hurry. Always make sure that you have plenty of time, and take all the time you need.
  • Curl your lashes when you're alone, and make sure that nothing and nobody can surprise you when you're curling. I've heard some scary stories in which a person unexpectedly walks by and well... you know the story!
  • Never curl your lashes with mascara on! It really, really increases the risk of you accidentally ripping off all your lashes.
  • Curl with your eye closed (that is, if you're curling on your left eye, keep the left eye closed but the right one open so that you can see what you are doing). It seems to me that everybody curls their lashes with both of their eyes wide open, which I can't understand how is possible. Actually seeing the device in front of my eye freaks me out, which leads to me jerking away, and therefore again, increasing the risk of an accident.
  • If curling your left eye, don't blink your right eye while you´re doing it. You could accidentally blink both eyes, which is a recipe for lash-loss!
  • If your eyes are irritated, or they feel dry, don't even dream of curling your eyelashes. You could accidentally blink your eyes in the middle of curling your lashes.

That's it for the safety tips I've got for you, but for a more beautiful curl, read on ;)

  • First, curl the roots of your lashes. Hold for 3-5 seconds. Then move your curler to the middle of your lashes, hold again for 3-5 seconds, and finally, curl the tips of your lashes. This method will give you very beautifully and completely curled lashes.
  • Waterproof mascara usually tends to hold the curl a bit better throughout the day than a regular one, but keep in mind that waterproof formulas are usually harder to remove and can dehydrate your lashes, so don't use it every day!

I really hope this helped some of you! Really, I found out myself that there is nothing to be afraid of if you're just careful enough, and do things slowly, so don't be scared!

xox.
Miss Diorista

P.S. Picture from http://morningbounce.wordpress.com/

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” - Epicurus

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ripped out any lashes yet, though the thought is scary! I like to curl them with my eyes 3/4 closed--- that seems like a good angle for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dovey - If you think the thought is scary, try actually holding your 5 of your tiny little lashes in your hands! I still remember how almost guilty I felt, like I had let them down! Haha, I know that's silly, but I really couldn't stand an eyelash curler for so long after that.
    And I was even just lucky, a friend accidentally ripped all of her lashes out, which didn't really help me get back to my curler!
    I like the idea of curling with eyes 3/4 closed - it is probably enough for me not to be able to see the curler, but the slightly open eye might help with getting closer to the root of the lashes... ooh, I'll give it a try!

    And don't you just LoVe the quote? I think it is so true... forgot to mention that in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shuuemura or elf?any suggestion?URGENT!!!

    Best Of Luck!!!
    best eyelash curler

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nani - I've actually tried neither, but I've heard that the shu uemura one is really good. The one I use and love is by Fabiani. I can definitely recommend that one, and it's relatively cheap. Hope this helped, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still scared of using eyelash curler! Better safe than sorry :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...