Monday, February 7, 2011

How to Contour by Mixing Blushes!

I mentioned in my January Favourites post that I've been loving mixing together blushes. I'm so excited to share this technique with you, since it's not a traditional way to contour, but definitely a fun one!
There is of course no wrong or right in this area - this is just how I do it. Enjoy!
What you will need:
  • A matte, mauve-ish blush
  • A bright blush, shimmer or non-shimmer
  • A regular blush brush
  • If your bright blush is very pigmented, then you will also need a duo-fibre brush
  • A kabuki brush

This is the kind of colour that you want for your "matte and mauve-ish" colour - I love using The Body Shop Cheek Colour in Nr. 2 (pictured) for this.

This girl will act as our "model" today :)
With your regular blush brush, pick up some of that matte colour and put it right below your cheekbones, working from the upper part, and not going any further than halfway down your cheekbones (that is, stop right below where her eyebrow ends. Don't put any of this colour on your cheekbones, though, just below them. Blend well, for example into your hairline, but don't overblend, you want your blush to really define (that is, contour) your cheekbones.

Now for the fun part, take a little bit of your bright blush, smile, and place it right on the apples of your cheeks! I'm using Make Up Store's blush in Frozen Daiquiri, and MAC 188 to apply it. Be careful not to use too much of this bright blush, it is simply meant to act as a "pop of colour" :)
Finally, blend between the two blushes so that there are no harsh lines - but again, don't overblend. This look is supposed to be very defined!

So that is it - simple, isn't it? I first saw this look on a friend and it looked stunning on her, but it took a while for me to find the courage to wear this myself - the idea of blush below my upper cheekbones felt so out-there! But once you get used to the idea, this looks amazing!

Feel like trying this? Tell me what you think in the comments below!

Love,
Miss Diorista

P.S. Picture of the girl comes from http://www.activedesktopwallpapers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...