Sunday, May 29, 2011

OPI - Do You Think I'm Tex-y?

You already know I love this beautiful pink polish, which has a jelly finish, because I featured it in my April Favourites. It came out with the Texas collection (2011).

The colour is a medium dark pink, definitely neither a hot or a bright pink, but it has a hint of purple undertones to it. Very pretty, and indeed very summery.

My thoughts on the OPI "sorbet" (aka jelly) formula:
The jellies which came out with the OPI Texas collection are very, very sheer, but other than that, they apply like a dream. They are buildable, but getting them completely opaque would take many, many coats. You can get away with three coats, but the true magic doesn't happen until the fourth, or even the fifth coat. I usually use four coats, and I get the most amazing jelly finish I've ever seen. No patchiness, just gorgeous shine and everything looks completely even, like a professional manicure.
As far as weartime goes, those jelly polishes wear much better than the average cream formula. I don't get any chipping until the sixth day, and tip wear is minimal. Removing the jelly polishes is relatively easy, but if you use a top coat (which I don't find necessary) you might find it a bit more difficult.
Really, there is only one real flaw to those polishes - they are completely addicting!


There you have it, that's why I love those polishes. They are high-shine, last amazingly and apply so well! If you haven't tried those, try to find some (at least here in Iceland, you can still get them). You won't regret it!

Product (65%) - 9.5/10 (would have been a straight 10 if it hadn't been so sheer)
Value (10%) - 8/10
Would I repurchase? (15%) - 10/10
Packaging (10%) - 8/10

Overall - 9.5/10

xox,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...