Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tag: Holiday Edition!

It seems to me that I'm just talking about the Holidays non-stop these days... so when I saw this tag that has been going around YouTube, I had to do it! Enjoy :)

1) Which holiday do you celebrate?
I celebrate Christmas (we don't have Thanksgiving in Iceland). The main event is on the evening of the 24th, when Christmas officially 'arrive' at six o'clock. We have dinner together, and afterwards we open our presents. This is, in my opinion (probably because of all the excitement when I was younger) the most magical evening of Christmas.
On New Year's Eve, we typically have some of our family come visit, we eat dinner together and then we go out and shoot some fireworks (do you say it that way?!) into the starry sky. We also sometimes go and check out the big bonfire, which is down by the sea.

2) What are you doing for the holidays this year?
Well, what I always do: Stay at home with my family. For me, a huge part of that Christmas-mood is the traditions. How we decorate out tree, when we decorate it, what we cook for dinner and what we make for a desert... those things bring out memories of my childhood, so I don't think I would ever want to miss them.

3) What's your favourite holiday drink?
Hot chocolate with a bit of peppermint! Sipping that when it's snowing outside, with Christmas carols playing, and a pile of Christmas gifts on the floor, ready to be wrapped... that's the true December-feeling for ya!

4) Candy cane or Gingerbread men?
Candy canes are not common in Iceland, so I'm going to have to say Gingerbread men. Just the simple act of baking them, together with your family, is so heart-warming. Not that I don't like candy canes, though, especially for baking, and stirring my hot cocoa!

5) What's your favourite Christmas song?
I love so many! I really like Feliz Navidad, as well as Santa Baby. We also have some Icelandic ones which I really like. And not to forget O holy night!

6) What's the weirdest gift you've ever received?
I don't think I've ever received a seriously weird gift... except for that huge, furry hat three years ago, maybe...

7) Have you ever made a snowman?
You kidding? I live in Iceland. Yes, I have made a snowman!

8) What's your favourite winter fragrance?
Does peppermint count? Or is that just a taste? I also really like cinnamon, as well as the scent you get when roasting nuts for Christmas!

9) What is at the top of your list this Christmas?
Referring to my Christmas Wish List, I say love and peace.

10) What is most important to you about the Holidays?
Being around my family... I feel as I keep repeating it, but if so, then that is just because it is truly how I feel.

So, that's it! I tag all of you to do this video, and if you do, then please let me know in the comments, so that I can read it!

Yours,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...