Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chocolate and licorice cookies!

I was super busy the last few days before Christmas, so I'm actually doing my Christmas baking now :) I really want to share this delicious recipe with you. It is very sugary, chocolatey and licorice-y... if that's a word! I made one batch, and half an hour later, it was gone. Needless to say, I quickly whipped up another batch - those are really quick to make, only about 30 minutes from the beginning to the end! Have fun baking :)

Chocolate and licorice cookies

3 egg whites
200 gr brown sugar
150 gr milk chocolate, chopped
300 gr shredded, chocolate coated licorice (Can't find it? Just chop some regular licorice)

Heat up your oven to 170°C or 340°F.

Whip together the egg whites and the brown sugar until light beige in colour and fluffy in texture. It should look something like this:


Now, remove your bowl from the mixer, and with a spatula (I got a red one for Christmas :), carefully fold in the licorice and the chocolate. Mix it as little as you can, you don't want to lose any of the air that you just whipped in the dough.


Doesn't it look yummy? When your dough is ready, place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking plate. Make cookies; about one heaped teaspoon makes one cookie - don't forget that those grow quite big in baking, so leave some space between them.

Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes for chewy cookies - longer if you want them crispy (I prefer them chewy :)

Enjoy!

Love, Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...