Thursday, October 7, 2010

A MAN truck cake!

You might be picking up on the fact that I really like to bake... and decorate cakes. So usually, when someone I know has a birthday coming up, I start planning what to bake :)
So long story short, my uncle had a birthday some days ago. He drives a truck (the truck usually carries fish) and one of his main hobbies is cars in general. His favourite truck "brand" is MAN. What did I bake? Yeah. You guessed it. A MAN truck.

The cake itself was the same recipe as the basketweave cake I posted some days ago, and the icing is buttercream icing. The truck is made of three layers, the "house" where the driver would sit is made of two layers. The wheels are a special kind of round candy you can buy here in Iceland (called "kókosbollur", which kind of means "cocosbuns"). I decorated it with candy. Notice the fish, lol!


Here is a picture of the truck in making. After each layer, I slapped on a generous amount of buttercream! A side view of the truck. To help keep the truck up (because "kókosbollur" are very fragile and can't hold up a lot of weight), I put two cans of beans under the whole thing. Be sure to do that before you decorate, though, 'cause this lil' cake is kind of heavy!



Finally, I finished things off with some lights in the back :)
My uncle really loved the cake, I was really happy that he did!

But can I ask you guys for a bit of help? See, my aunt's birthday is coming up in about a week. I've already promised to bake her a cake, but when it comes to what it should be, my head is just completely empty! So what do you say? What fun cake would you like to see here on my blog? 'Cause I'll post it here, of course, once I've baked it ;)

Please post all of your great ideas in the comments below!

Yours,
Miss Diorista

2 comments:

  1. That's really cute! Does your aunt like Autumn? because it would be neat to have a fall themed cake. Changing leaves, scarecrows etc. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I really like it! Maybe a giant leaf in fall colours?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...