Thursday, September 9, 2010

Basketweave Cake!

A few days ago, one of my lovely and amazing aunts had her birthday! Of course, I made her a birthday cake. She is really in to knitting and all things you make with your hands, so I thought I'd do something connected to that. Last year I made her a regular cake, but with small balls of yarn as well as knitted sweaters, all made of marzipan, as cake toppers. It was kind of cute :)
But this year, I went for a simple but delicious chocolate cake. However, instead of the usual chocolate buttercream that I do most of the time, I made a vanilla buttercream and coloured it pink... then I made it into a basketweave! I was very pleased with the results and I really like the look of not covering the sides with buttercream. (Pictures from my aunt, thanks so much for them, I forgot my camera at home!)
'

And I should probably tell you that my aunt really liked the cake too... It took her about ten minutes to decide whether or not to even slice it, lol!


And a shoutout to my aunt, since I know that she reads my blog: Knús, knús, knús! (kind of a cuddly way of saying "hugs").
'
Yours,
Miss Diorista
'
P.S. Would you maybe like to see a tutorial on basketweave? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so amazing looking! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to do that! Really beautiful (and yummy!) looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!Actually, the great thing about this decorating technique is that it takes so little time! The whole cake took me about ten to fifteen minutes! So if you want to, I can post a tutorial on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks AMAZING! I can't believe it didn't take ages to decorate but my mum insists you were very quick. I guess practice makes perfect. I also hear that you made another one, similarly amazing the other day and would love to see a picture of that one too.

    Knús á þig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Steina! I'll upload the picture of the other cake as soon as I can :)

    Knús knús ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...