Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School - Fresh Makeup for Younger Girls

Hi there!

So finally I am getting back to completing my series of "back to school" posts - I've done one so far, on makeup for high school, go check it out :)
This post is a simple but very pretty makeup look for younger girls, that is, maybe thirteen to fifteen, or so. Of course, it can be worn by anyone, for example, I often wear something similar to this. Sorry for the lack of pics in this post, but since I'm not including any eye shadow in this look, there wasn't really a lot to photograph.

But let's get started! You have four, easy steps, and this can be done in under five or six minutes, so go ahead!

1. When you are young, your skin usually glows with freshness, so be careful not to overload your face with something heavy, like foundation. You could use a tinted moisturizer, if you think you need it, but a sweep of mattifying powder will most likely do the trick. I'm using Benefit's Hello Flawless in "Gee I'm swell, SHELL" (pick your correct shade, and don't be afraid to ask for help in the shop. Getting your correct shade is key!). This will also help keep any oilyness in check, since that is often a concern when you are this age.

2. Pick a nice blush that you like, many girls like pink shades, but personally, I am really into peach blushes. Here I'm using Springsheen by MAC, which also gives you a bit of a healthy glow. This is a beautiful peach shade, with golden shimmer. The shimmer is subtle and the colour is buildable, but be careful not to put too much on, or you'll end up looking like a clown!

3. If you want to wear mascara, pick one that is easy to apply and doesn't clump up on your lashes. I really like Maybelline's Colossal Volume in Glam Black. It separates my lashes beautifully, gives me a nice black colour and a bit of healthy shine to my eyelashes. Also, the brush is easy and quick to use, which can come in handy if you're just getting into makeup, or if you're in a hurry on your way to school.
If you have a fair complexion, consider using a brown mascara. It could look more natural on you.

4. Finally, use a lipgloss. You can pick a colour that matches your blush, if you like. Today I'm using GOSH's 0058. It is beautiful rosy shade, with a bit of shimmer (check out my swatch in my June Favourites post).

This completes your look! You are now even more gorgeous than you were when you woke up, and you didn't even think that was possible, did you? :)

Remember that less is more. You don't want to create some kind of a face which is not yours. You want to be able to see your own beauty through your makeup. Also, it is very very important to use a good makeup remover before you go to sleep. If you have acne problems, use something to treat that (see a dermatologist for advice). Not removing your makeup can result in tired-looking skin and more breakouts, and not removing your mascara can make them prone to breaking... ugh, not nice! Taking good care of your skin now will pay off later :)

Yours,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...