Friday, September 3, 2010

Haul from Germany (part 4) - Brushes, tools and mascaras

We are slowly making our way through this huge haul, and now we are coming to the fun part! This part of the haul is all about brushes, tools and mascaras. Enjoy!


Starting from the left:
1) The first brush is simply HG! It is amazing! I had been looking for a good brush for contouring for so long, and was really going to buy the MAC one. Then, I stumbled upon this little sweetie, by a company called Fabiani. And you have no idea how nice this brush is! It is really soft and does not scratch my face, it has a comfy handle, it picks up product easily but not too easily... it is my new fave!
'
2) The second brush is your basic foundation brush. It is nice and I really do like it and use it a lot, but it does not come close to the Fabiani one!
'
3) The sponges are by Fabiani, and so is the eyelash curler. I'll start with the curler. I don't curl my eyelashes every day, but when I do, I like them to be perfectly curled. This curler does the job nicely. The thing I like the most about it, is that it came with two or three extra "pads", so even if they get dirty, you don't have to throw the curler away (even so, remember that it is really bad for your lashes to curl them after applying mascara. They can break or fall out. Try to curl before mascara ;)
I have not used the sponges yet, but I'm hoping that they will allow a sheer but nice coverage when used damp... I also really like the fact that they come in a sturdy box (nice for travelers).
'
4) We'll go through the mascaras, starting from the left. First up is L'Oréal's Volume Million Lashes. It is a rather new one, and has a "wiper", which is supposed to stop the mascara from clumping. I do like this mascara, but somehow I would not use it for every day.
In the middle is quite possibly my HG mascara... it is the L'Oréal's Voluminous. I had heard such good things about this one, that I just had to buy it. And yes, it is very nice! Adds volume and length, and is one of the blackest mascaras I've ever tried! This is supposed to be a dupe for YSL's Faux Cils, but I haven't tried that one, so I can't tell you:)
The last mascara is Helena Rubinstein's Lash Queen. I have only used this one two or three times, so I have to wait and tell you more when I know more!
'
If you want any product reviews on those, let me know in the comments!
'
Yours,
Miss Diorista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...