It's the end of May and the beginning of June, which means that it's time for May Faves! As you may have noticed, I've decided to include the year in the titles of those favourite posts, since I have no plans on stopping blogging, and after a year or more, those titles might become confusing if they don't have years added to them. But enough of the chit chat, let's get on with this! I have rather many favourites now, and I truly have used (and loved) them all a whole lot. Enjoy!
- Guerlain's Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in Blondes (01), has been my go-to this month when I want the highly sought after "healthy glow". It has five different colours in it, and when you mix them together, they perform beautifully. That being said, they are also pretty on their own, and I sometimes try to only pick up the matte bronze shades for contouring.
- Maybelline's The One by One Volum' Express Mascara has been a hit for me this month, mainly because how nicely it separates my lashes. It does have a slight tendency to clump if you're not careful, but I still really like it.
- I'm actually not a big fan of my next favourite, which might seem strange, but I do like it for one thing - it holds my curl amazingly well (especially since it is non-waterproof!). For that reason, I first apply my One by One mascara, and then a very, very thin layer of Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara. That way, my lashes are separated and curled almost all day long!
- The Make Up Store's Tri Brow Color is a long-time favourite for me, I absolutely love it. It is perfect for filling in brows, and can also be used for eye shadows.
- The POREfessional by Benefit really works! It makes my pores appear smaller and my makeup stay on for longer. It also smells really nice.
- I was very excited to try the Reflex Cover (in Light) by Make Up Store. Turns out, I really like it. I apply this over my under-eye concealer, and this brightens it up beautifully. I also love this for the triangle trick, it's the perfect consistency.
- MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack is a new love of mine. It's a gel liner, very black and stays on very well. So much easier to apply than liquid liner, but the downside is that you have to have a brush on hand.
- Dior's Diorlisse has gotten its fair share of use this month, since I've been using it either as a base coat or as a stand-alone polish for the entire month. I love that it is good for my nails!
- Sigma E40 (Tapered Blending) brush has been very helpful this month, both for applying under-eye concealer and to set the under-eye area with powder.
- Sigma F84 (Angled Top Kabuki) is great for blending out bronzer and blush, and since summer is here, I've been wearing bronzer a bit more, so this came in handy! Read my review here.
- Nivea's Blush By Chantal Thomass in Secret Rose is a summertime stable for me, since I love the coral, rosy pink colour and the packaging! Read my review here.
- I have been looking for a nice, not-to-harsh cleanser for some time, and I really like Eucerin's Dermo Purifyer Cleanser. It is in gel form and soap and fragrance free.
- You would not believe how dry my skin has been the past few weeks! I finally found something that worked, and not only did it work, but it worked within two days! It is the Dior HydrAction Deep Hydration Rich Creme, and I love it! I use this morning and night, and my skin is not dry anymore at all. Before, I was using Dior HydrAction Visible Defense Hydra-Protective Light Creme SPF 20, but it was too light for me, and just overall not a match for my skin. I didn't know it until I new what the other one was capable of though! Definitely recommend the rich one if you have dry skin (which I happily don't really have any more!).
- I just noticed the other day that I have never included Clean and Clear's Exfoliating Daily Wash in my favourites... which is strange because I have loved it and used it almost every night for a little over a year now. I now use this cleanser every other night, and the small grains in it help exfoliate, while cleansing my skin. Love this!
What have you been loving this month? Want reviews on any of the products I mentioned? Tell me in the comments ;) And if you have done favourites post/video this month, leave me a link for us to check out!
P.S. Have you seen Pirates of Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yet? I went to the movies last night, and it is hilarious! I really enjoyed it, and the 3D was nice. And have you bought any OPI polishes from the piraty collection? I love the collection, but am still waiting for the collection to reach Iceland. What are your favourite shades?