Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Body Shop - Fall Haul!

Remember back in summer, when I posted some pictures of the gorgeous fall collection that TBS has this fall? Well, probably not :) But anyways, I finally had the time to drop by and I picked up a few items... let's have a look, shall we?

So, here you can see all the products that I got. Of course, I mainly went there to get the blush :) I got mine in the Berry shade, but the other one is a bronzy one (called Chestnut). It was quite nice looking as well, but first of all, I thought it had too much of a metallic look to it, and also, it was maybe a bit too bronzy for my fair skin? Well, I don't know why, but somehow, I just wanted the blush. I'm just addicted to blushes! I really love this blush. Just screams "fall"!

Then, I got one of the three e/s that came out with the collection. This one is in Velvet Green (the others are Peach and Midnight Blue). It is dark green, with loads of green and gold shimmer/glitter to it. Very pretty, but a bit fall-out-y. I actually got this one for the purpose of using it to set the green kajal that I bought.

I also got a green kajal, the shade is called Evergreen. I haven't really tried it out yet, but it sure looks pretty :)

The last thing I got was the blush brush. It is very soft, but not the greatest one for swirling your blush on. Good for precise application, though.

And now the swatches!

First, you see the eyeliner. To the left, it is swatched alone. Then, it is swatched with the green e/s on top. Do you see how the colour just comes alive? Wow. So pretty. Perfect for a "fall" night out! To the right is the e/s on its own.
Then, below those swatches, you can see the blush shades. There are four on top. Starting from the left: A brownish colour, a very pretty pink colour, a cranberry colour (my faveourite) and a highlight colour. Below those, they are all blended together.

A side look at the blush brush. It is rather slim for a blush brush, don't you think? I actually find that it works a bit better as a brush for setting makeup with pressed powder. Does a wonderful job in that area.


And finally, I have here two pics of the beautiful blush. The one above is with flash, the one below is without it. Just decided to post both, so that you could get a better idea of the blush.


So, what do you think? Have you bought anything from the Smoke and Fire Collection, or will you be buying something? And don't you just love the lovely pattern on the blush?
If you have any requests for product reviews, I'd be happy to post those for you, so please leave them in the comments :)
Yours,
Miss Diorista

2 comments:

  1. I really love this blush too! It's such a wonderful pattern and the colouration and pigmentation is fantastic. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...