Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Chocolate Cake with Love...

Remember when I told you about my aunt's birthday and that I needed some great idea for a cake which I was going to bake and give her (wow long sentence!)? Well, Hebridean Sprite gave me the great idea of making a fall inspired cake! I loved it and had already planned everything about it, but then it turned out that my aunt had her own special wishes, so I couldn't do the fall cake for this occasion. I do plan on doing that one, though, so you will probably be seeing it soon!

The cake I baked was a really rich chocolate cake, filled with dark chocolate ganache. It was so yummy! I decorated it with chocolate hearts which I bought when I was in Germany (I know that is kind of taking the easy way out, but I've just been so super busy lately!).
She really loved the cake :)

Here you can see it. I also flooded the dish with ganache, in case someone would like more with their slice. She served it with ice cream and whipped cream. It tasted so good!

Yours,
Miss Diorista

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Yum! That looks so good! I'm glad you liked my idea! Autumn is my favourite time of year so I like pretty much everything to be Autumn themed around this time lol. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And actually LoVeD your idea, so I am going to bake it as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that looks amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...