Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Skin- and Haircare Haul



I went shopping for some summer skincare! I decided that I wanted to self-tan, since baking yourself in the sun isn't healthy (nor do I have the time). Therefore, I needed a good body scrub to use before tanning, a shaver, and of course the actual self-tanner. Me being me, I picked up a few other goodies as well... let's have a look!

L-R:
  •  I completely fell for The Body Shop's latest idea, which is Duo Body Butters! Say you have dry elbows and knees, but every other spot on your body is normal? Instead of having to buy two kind of lotions of cremes, you can now buy just one jar, which is divided into two departments, and has one creme for dry skin and another for normal skin! My Duo Body Butter is in Vanilla.
  • The Body Shop's Coconut Body Scrub - I wanted something that would nourish my skin while exfoliating. I believe this one will do the trick, at least it smells amazing!
  • EGF BIOeffect Serum is an Icelandic serum that is now very hyped, and being marketed in other countries as well. It's supposed to hydrate, eliminate dry spots, improve the complexion and give radiance. I've been looking to try this for quite some time now.
  • I bought two Art Liners by Depend Cosmetics, one in Black and the other in Gold. These are basically nail polishes with super-fine brushes, for drawing detailed nail-art on your nails.
  • Party Feet by Scholl are a must-have if you like high heels! They are soft cushions made of some kind of gel substance, that you stick inside your shoes. It makes everything so comfy, and they can be washed and re-used. Since summer is high heel-season for me, I really needed those.
  • I feel like I buy makeup sponges every single time I buy makeup, but I just like to change them out every few weeks. I usually just buy the cheapest ones I can find, these are by EuroStyle I believe.
  • John Frieda's Root Awakening Strength Boosting Leave-In Spray is a leave-in conditioner for your hair, with thermo protectant. Smells like menthol, kind of nice, but a bit strong.
  • And finally, the self-tanner. I picked Hawaiian Tropic Self Tan Créme, since I wanted something moisturizing and slightly buildable (so I wouldn't end up orange :).
  • Instead of buying a new shaver (my old one was getting a bit tired after a lifetime of loyal service), I decided to try this Hair Removal Mousse by Beauty Formulas. It has almond oil, aloe and vitamin E, which sounded good... I'll give it a try. Any favourites in this area that you can recommend?

That's it! I do have another haul coming up though, with lots of OPI polish and a high-end skincare kit that I can't wait to try, so stay tuned!

Have you tried any of those products? What is your favourite self-tanner? Share your secrets in the comments below!

Love,
Miss Diorista

P.S. Sorry about the picture being so high up in this post, Blogger wouldn't let me change it :S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...