Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sigma Brushes - Haul and First Impressions


 The mailman must have thought that I was kind of crazy, jumping up and down like that when he delivered my Sigma brushes some days ago! You should have seen me... or his face :D ok, no, I didn't really jump up and down... but I did so in my heart ;)

I ordered two sets of brushes, one "Make Me Blush", which holds the classic twelve brushes from Sigma (in pink!), as well as a genius brush carrier which snaps into two brush holders! I also bought the "Synthetic Face Kit" (also known as the "Sigmax brushes"), which holds three differently shaped kabuki brushes, made for giving you an airbrushed finish.

Brushes from "Make Me Blush"
  • Small Angle - E65
  • Medium Angled Shading - E70 - (This is a dupe for MAC 275, which I love!)
  • Large Shader - E60
  • Pencil - E30 - (Great for a cut crease, but a tiny bit scratchy...)
  • Large Angled Contour - F40 - (I love this for both my blush and contour colour!)
  • Large Powder - F30
  • Duo Fibre - F50 - (Comparable to MAC 187)
  • Foundation - F60
  • Concealer - F70
  • Tapered Blending - E40 - (Good for blending, but I find it way too big for applying colour to my crease.)
  • Eye Shading - E55
  • Eyeliner - E05
 
Isn't that mouse just so adorable?
And of course I had to get them in pink! I did think about it for a while, and was afraid that it would be too pink and I'd get bored with it after a while. However, it isn't too pink at all, and I don't see myself getting bored with those brushes anytime soon! Pink is so much more fun than black :)


Brushes from the "Synthetic Face Kit":
  • F80 - Flat Top Kabuki - Probably the most multi-purpose one of the three, but I mainly use it for buffing my foundation in.
    F82 - Round Top Kabuki - I have found this one great for blending in tricky places, like around my nose and even under my eyes.
  • F84 - Angled Top Kabuki - I use this for blending together blush and bronzer (or just blush/bronzer, depending on what I'm wearing).


Here they are, in the same row as in the description above. They all feel very sturdy and are actually quite heavy. I've been really loving those since I got them!

And finally, Sigma sent me a gift with my purchase: A travel sized E25 blending brush. It's so cute :) I haven't gotten around using it much, but from what I've tried, it's a good size for my eyes, both for blending and for applying shadows to my crease.

Whew, 16 new brushes! I get overwhelmed just thinking about it :) And I love them all :P

Don't forget to participate in my giveaway!

Love,
Miss Diorista 

P.S. I will post reviews on those brushes once I've used them a bit more :)
In life, we all have unspeakable secret, irreversible regret, unreachable dream and unforgettable love. - Diego Marchi
(I love this quote, because sometimes, all those things combine into one...)

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the synthetic face brushes... so fluffy and big =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dovey - Me too :) And I also really love the big powder brush - it's so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is absolutely adorable!

    Aww it's sweet that they gave you a freebie too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kotori - It's so cute, I love that mouse :) And yes, I loved the freebie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing what you have to say! xxx, MissDiorista

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...